Friday, March 4, 2016


Wrestling takes a lot of discipline. There are many times, before a match, that I've had to wake up before sunrise to run  around the neighborhood to make sure that I stayed in my weight class.  I really enjoy all sports, but I think that wrestling has been my favorite and most difficult. There are many benefits with wrestling.  For example, you learn to eat healthy.  Since you're stuck in a weight class and you can't gain or lose weight, you need to be careful how you eat.  You can't stop eating, but you need to maintain your weight. Wrestling taught me the different types of food to eat, how to read food labels and be healthy.  Another benefit with wrestling is that it helps you develop physically.  The work outs I have with wrestling I didn't experience in most sports I did before.  I'll never forget having to push parked cars with my teammates around the parking lot in one of the practices. Another benefit with wrestling is that there's always a place for you on the team, no matter how skinny or big you are.  As long as you have the motivation, you'll find your weight class and can compete. Wrestling is a great sport that has taught me how to be disciplined.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment